We ordered some small booklets for each of you to better acquaint you with the Montessori works. They are in simple terms and a great overview about Montessori. Please take the time to read it and come to me if you have any questions.
Just as we write down our goals in January at the beginning of a new year, I am choosing to write down my goals for your children at the beginning of a new school year, there are only five:
1. To awaken the child's spirit and imagination.
2. To encourage their normal desire for independence.
3. To help them develop kindness, courtesy, and self-discipline that will
allow them to become a capable adult.
4. To help your child learn how to observe, question, and explore ideas
5. After creating a joyful learning environment, help the child master the
skills and knowledge of their society.
"The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to age six, for that is the time when man's intelligence itself, his greatest implement, is being formed. But not only his intelligence; the full totality of his pyschic powers"
Metal Inset work
Numerals and Counters